We’re talking about firing up your deep core muscles: transverse abdominals, pelvic floor & diaphragm for a strong and well-functioning body.
When properly engaging the core we need to think about how all our muscles work together: transverse abdominals, obliques, rectus abdominals, erector spinae, hip muscles & glutes!
• Focus on activating the transverse abdominals by zipping up your midline -> bringing the navel up and toward the spine.
• Learn how to breathe properly.
• Maintain your core strength through safe and effective exercises.
• Learn how to manage intra-abdominal pressure by correctly engaging your abdominal muscles
• Your deep abdominal muscles act as a corset that hold your internal organs in place AND flatten your tummy
• Paying attention to your movements can make BIG changes, plus make your workouts more challenging!
• You don’t need intense and extreme core exercises to see results
• Always tap into your inner core
• Modify when needed
• By having a strong core you will reduce your risk of injury
In general, I stay away from any movements that can add stress to the abdominal wall or anything that domes the belly.
We want to decrease our risk of Diastasis Recti & pelvic floor dysfunction:
• don’t suck it in & don’t hold your breath
• no compression around the belly button
• don’t suppress your natural breathing patterns with waist trainers
Why don’t these above methods work:
1. They don’t teach you how to properly activate those deep core muscles
2. We want long term results not “quick fixes”
3. It’s about proper core function, connecting to your body and overall strength.
Once you establish that connection then you will start to see results and feel your best!
Fire up your deep core with me and gain access to my on-demand library of workouts!